Fig Tree Part 1 (Pastor Cecilia Chan)

Last weekend was one of those special moments for me! Pastor Lia (Pastor Cecilia Chan) shared this short message on the presence of God. We spent a lot of time worshiping together as a church. Pastor Lia also challenged all of us to start going under the fig tree. So, this week I made a commitment to set aside time every day - even when it is very busy. I really see the difference - I think I am more positive and more faith-filled. It helps that my whole CG has been encouraging each other with our revelations, especially on days that I felt really tired. This is why I love church. We aren't just hearers but we are doers. And we help and encourage each other. 

** Amended Post **
I am so excited that Pastor How (Pastor Tan Seow How) is going to preach Part 2 this weekend!! The messages in Heart of God Church always inspire me to grow in my walk with God and to pray, worship and read my Bible more!


----------------------------------------------------

Fig Tree Part 1 (Pastor Cecilia Chan)
  
The mark of distinction over our church has always been youth but it has also been the presence of God.
  
Nathanael

John 1:43-49 (NLT)
Nathanael was originally very cynical about Jesus. But when he met Jesus, Jesus told him who he was.  Jesus told Nathanael that he was a man of integrity. 
It is one thing to know Jesus, but it is also together another thing when Jesus knows you.  
Jesus not only knew Nathanael, He saw him - under the fig tree. 
  
Th fig tree was traditionally used as a place to pray. 
The fig tree represents the  private, personal spiritual life of a Christian. It is a place of worship and prayer. 
Nathanael was found under the fig tree. Nathanael was a man of worship and prayer. 
That is why Jesus knew him. 
  
Do you have a fig tree?
Do you sit often under that fig tree?
If you can make space for a fig tree, that's where Jesus will see you. 
  
Salvation is free, we gladly receive it. 
While salvation is free, there is always a price to God's presence. The price is time.



It's not a matter of where is your fig tree but when is your fig tree. 
When Jesus wanted to choose His disciples, His leaders, He looked under the fig tree. 
  
Exodus 33:15
If your presence doesn't go with us, do not bring us up from here.
  
Personally, you become a carrier of God's presence.
Together, we become carriers of God's revival.